Easy Recipe: Appetizing Slow Cooked Shredded Beef. Roast Spuds and Roasted Broccoli
Slow Cooked Shredded Beef. Roast Spuds and Roasted Broccoli. In a large slow-cooker, add steak. Add beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, Sriracha, garlic, and green onions. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions and serve over rice.
Juicy steak slow cooked in a yummy soy sauce mixture! Beef and broccoli is one of my favorite take-out meals so I was all over trying the homemade crock pot version. Broccoli Tip: I simply can NOT get down with certain veggies cooked in the slow cooker and broccoli is one of them! You can have Slow Cooked Shredded Beef. Roast Spuds and Roasted Broccoli using 12 simple ingredients and 19 simple steps. This is guide how achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Slow Cooked Shredded Beef. Roast Spuds and Roasted Broccoli
- You need of Big piece of chuck steak.
- Prepare of couple of carrots.
- It’s 1 of big or 2 medium onions.
- It’s of couple of shallots.
- You need of potatoes.
- Prepare of Broccoli.
- Prepare of Chicken or goose fat (Optional).
- You need of Olive oil.
- You need of Cornflour.
- Prepare A few of Rosemary leaves (Optional).
- You need of Chillie flakes (Optional).
- You need Clove of garlic (Optional).
Just wondering if I can use beef for pot roast as well? How about some summer slow cooking? We want something easy and hassle free but good enough to feed a crowd or a family for a couple of days. So today we're gonna be doing some slow cooker shredded beef tacos with some chuck roast seared lovingly before it's slow cooked for hours in a.
Slow Cooked Shredded Beef. Roast Spuds and Roasted Broccoli instructions
- Start off with a lovely piece of beef. This is a piece of chuck steak. Like I said it was too big but we put the leftovers to good use. Put some oil in a frying pan and give the meat a really good browning on all sides. Don’t be half hearted here. Use a really high heat and get it a nice dark brown on all sides. This change of colour imparts a really nice flavour. You don’t want to burn it of course but a nice dark colour is OK. Once this is done plonk it into your pre- warmed slow cooker.
- Quarter a couple of medium onions and soften them in the pan that you just browned the meat in. Pour in some water and a couple of carrots in great big chunks and bring to the boil. This gets all the lovely flavour out of the frying pan..
- Pour the boiling liquid into the slow cooker. You need to get enough liquid to almost cover the meat. You a can add a stock cube if you want but it’s not necessary. Put the lid on it and leave for HOURS..
- Now for the spuds. Peel enough potatoes for the meal and boil for just 10 minutes. Don’t cut them too small?.
- Drain the potatoes then either melt a little chicken or duck fat in the pan and throw in the clove of garlic.
- Gently stir the potatoes in the fat or oil. The idea here is to coat the potatoes in the fat but also to gently break up the surface of the potatoes. This will make the crisp outside when we cook them later..
- Put the potatoes in a baking tray and cover in cling film….
- At this point I went out for a 30 mile bike ride. You don’t have to do this. You can go shopping, visit the mother in law or learn to juggle. Anything you want the day is yours..
- After at least 5 hours you will come back home to a kitchen that smells lovely. From this point you have an hour before you serve up. Put the oven on to 200 Celsius and put the potatoes in.
- Take the meat out of the slow cooker. Put it in a deep dish or a nice big plate, cover with cling film and wrap it in a couple of tea towels. This keeps the meat warm and allows it to rest before serving. Take the liquid out of the slow cooker and allow it to cool..
- Now for the broccoli. Break into nice big florets pop in a pan. Put just a little water in the bottom. Just a couple of centimetres deep at most. Put the lid on and simmer for 5 minutes..
- After 5 minutes take the lid off, pour some olive oil over the broccoli and turn up the heat..
- You need to watch this carefully now. You want to boil almost all of the liquid off. Keep moving the pan around to make sure that the broccoli doesn’t catch or burn. When the liquid has gone turn off the heat and put it to one side..
- After the potatoes have been cooking for half an hour take them out and turn them over. Add the part cooked broccoli and put back in the oven. I like to sprinkle some chilli flakes on the broccoli at the point but you don’t have too. Cook this for another 30 minutes and they should be ready to serve. If you want you can now take some rosemary leaves and toss them in olive oil. Sprinkle these on the potatoes. The will go crunchy and impart a lovely flavour onto the potatoes..
- Gravy While the broccoli is cooking you can make the gravy. Take the cooking liquid and remove the carrots. Whiz the liquid in a blender or put it through a fine sieve..
- If it’s a bit thin still you can thicken it with a bit of cornflour. The liquid should be cool by now so the cornflour won’t form lump. Make sure that you mix it in well. Put it into a pan and warm it up..
- Now get the beef from the cling film and put it in a big dish. Using two forks tease the meat apart and try to resist eating too much of it..
- Serve the meat and veg and pour over the luscious gravy. I also sliced the carrots that have been cooking with the meat and e served them as well but frankly they weren’t that nice. They had added a lovely flavour to the gravy so there wasn’t much taste left in them..
- For lunch next day, why not take the meat and gravy and include it in a lovely salad?.
It cooks away in your slow cooker (hello easy weeknight meal!), until it's so tender it practically falls apart by itself, then shredded. I like to use an English cut chuck roast for this (just because of the great marbilization and I like the relatively flat cut), but feel free to use your favorite cut of beef that. Beef simmers in a slow cooker with onion and taco seasoning for a meat filling you can serve in tacos, burritos, taquitos, or whatever other use you can imagine for it. Place beef roast in crock of a slow cooker. Sprinkle taco seasoning over the beef; top with onion slices.
Popular Food & Recipes Ideas provide some awesome, cool, nice and amazing collection of Easy Recipe: Appetizing Slow Cooked Shredded Beef. Roast Spuds and Roasted Broccoli
You can share this Easy Recipe: Appetizing Slow Cooked Shredded Beef. Roast Spuds and Roasted Broccoli collection of Food Sapor to your social media such as Pinterest, facebook, twitter etc. And we have add Popular Food & Recipes Ideas post ; Quick and Easy Recipe: Tasty Easy Chicken Divan and Easy Recipe: Appetizing Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe maybe you like them.
Browse Easy Recipe: Appetizing Slow Cooked Shredded Beef. Roast Spuds and Roasted Broccoli similar Food Sapor in Broccoli Recipe archive. Easy Recipe: Appetizing Slow Cooked Shredded Beef. Roast Spuds and Roasted Broccoli.
DISCLAIMER: All images found here are believed to be in the "public domain". We do not intend to infringe any legitimate intellectual right, artistic rights, or copyright. All of the images displayed are of unknown origin. If you are the rightful owner of any of the images posted here, and you do not want it to be displayed or if you require a suitable credit, then please contact us and we will immediately do whatever is needed either for the image to be removed or provide credit where it is due. All the content of this site is free of charge and therefore we do not gain any financial benefit from the display or downloads of any images.