Quick and Easy Recipe: Tasty Greek chicken and couscous
Greek chicken and couscous. A traditional Greek chicken dish with herby vegetable cous cous and tzatziki; a delicious Greek chicken recipe, try it now. Fresh Mediterranean flavours. "I love this combo of spicy chicken, veg-packed couscous and cool, minty, cucumber yoghurt ". Cook & save with Jamie Oliver chicken recipes : this delicious greek recipe is full of flavour.
It's all Greek to us, and we're quite pleased; we're going gaga for this quick and easy chicken dinner with couscous and a cooling fresh yogurt-cucumber sauce, along with the required feta. nóstimo! In this Greek Chicken Couscous Bowl, fluffy wheat couscous is topped with Greek roasted chicken, feta shards, fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and olives. A deliciously light and satisfying meal that's perfect for a light lunch or dinner. This Yummy Greek chicken and couscous using 28 easy ingredients and 5 simple steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Greek chicken and couscous
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of dried rosemary.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of oregano.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of ground cardamom.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of ground coriander.
- You need 2 of skinless boneless chicken breasts.
- You need 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of lemon juiced.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of water.
- You need 1 cup of dry couscous.
- Prepare 1/2 of cucumber, chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt.
- You need 1/2 of lemon juiced.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh mint.
- You need 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh dill.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper.
- You need 1 of broccoli crown, chopped.
- It’s 1 of medium red onion, diced.
- It’s 2 of Roma tomatoes, diced.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of chopped kalamata olives.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped fresh parsley.
- You need 4 oz of feta cheese.
Skip to Greek Chicken-Couscous Salad content. Garnish with red onion and/or feta cheese, if desired. Sprinkle with pepper and serve with additional vinaigrette. This tasty, tangy chicken stew is packed with the classic Greek flavours of lemon, capers, olives, garlic and oregano and is cooked all in one pot – meaning succulent chicken thigh and tender courgette with minimal fuss.
Greek chicken and couscous step by step
- Mix rosemary, black pepper, salt, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, cardamom, and coriander together in a small bowl. Place chicken on a plate and season with spice mixture. Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat until it starts to shimmer, 2 to 3 minutes. Add seasoned chicken to the pan and cook, covered, 4 to 5 minutes..
- Flip chicken over and cook, uncovered, until browned on the outside and no longer pink on the inside, 5 to 6 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Squeeze lemon juice over chicken and allow to cool 5 minutes.
- While chicken cooks, bring water to a boil in a saucepan and add salt to taste. Add couscous, stir once, and cover. Remove saucepan from heat and let couscous steam for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork..
- Mix cucumber, sour cream, yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, mint, dill, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl until tzatziki sauce is just combined..
- Divide cooked couscous between 4 bowls. Top with cooked chicken, tzatziki sauce, broccoli, onion, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, parsley, and feta cheese. Serve immediately or store in airtight containers to reheat later.
Served with low-effort herby couscous on the side! (Dairy-free: see our FAQs for details). Give plain chicken breasts a global twist with help from colorful veggies and fast-cooking couscous. Bring to a boil, add couscous, and stir to submerge it in the liquid. Cover skillet and remove from heat. Chicken cooked in Greek style and served with couscous cooked with herbs and vegetables.
Popular Food & Recipes Ideas provide some awesome, cool, nice and amazing collection of Quick and Easy Recipe: Tasty Greek chicken and couscous
You can share this Quick and Easy Recipe: Tasty Greek chicken and couscous collection of Food Sapor to your social media such as Pinterest, facebook, twitter etc. And we have add Popular Food & Recipes Ideas post ; Quick and Easy Recipe: Tasty Baked Potatoes with Broccoli and Cheese and How to Make Perfect Hash Brown With Roasted Veg maybe you like them.
Browse Quick and Easy Recipe: Tasty Greek chicken and couscous similar Food Sapor in Broccoli Recipe archive. Quick and Easy Recipe: Tasty Greek chicken and couscous.
DISCLAIMER: All images found here are believed to be in the "public domain". We do not intend to infringe any legitimate intellectual right, artistic rights, or copyright. All of the images displayed are of unknown origin. If you are the rightful owner of any of the images posted here, and you do not want it to be displayed or if you require a suitable credit, then please contact us and we will immediately do whatever is needed either for the image to be removed or provide credit where it is due. All the content of this site is free of charge and therefore we do not gain any financial benefit from the display or downloads of any images.