Easiest Recipe: Yummy Cheesy Tuna Broccoli Casserole
Cheesy Tuna Broccoli Casserole.
This Delicious Cheesy Tuna Broccoli Casserole using 14 simple ingredients and 10 easy steps. Here is how you achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Cheesy Tuna Broccoli Casserole
- You need 16 oz of pasta noodles such as Cellentani, Penne, Rotini (something good for holding sauce).
- You need 2 cup of broccoli florets – roughly chopped to bite size pieces (fresh steamed or frozen, thawed out is fine).
- You need 3 can of tuna in water – drained.
- You need 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of milk (I used a soup can filled 1 and 1/2 times).
- You need 12 oz of 2% Velveeta – cubed.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of extra sharp cheddar cheese – shredded (I used extra sharp Vermont white cheddar).
- You need 1 pinch of cayenne pepper OR nutmeg.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- You need of topping.
- It’s 1/2 cup of bread crumbs.
- It’s 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
Cheesy Tuna Broccoli Casserole step by step
- In a large pot prepare pasta to package directions, cooking 2 minutes less than minimum cooking time listed on package. Drain in colander, return to pot (off heat) and cover. While waiting for water to boil and pasta to cook, prep and cook your broccoli..
- IF USING FRESH BROCCOLI: Separate florets, place in a steamer basket in a medium sauce pan with about an inch of water in the bottom, cover and steam until just fork tender. Mine took about 15 minutes. Remove from steamer basket, set aside, spread out on cutting board, let cool slightly so not to burn yourself and give it a rough chop. IF USING FROZEN: Use broccoli florets, thaw completely in a colander so any excess moisture drains away, then spread out and roughly chop the same as you would the fresh. When ready dump broccoli in pot with pasta..
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a 9×13" casserole dish with butter or cooking spray. Set aside. Get ready to make your sauce now!.
- In the same sauce pan you steamed your broccoli, pour out water, add both cans of soup and milk. Stir with a whisk to combine and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Stirring with whisk frequently to prevent sticking..
- Add cubed Velveeta, continue simmering until Velveeta is completely melted, stirring constantly to prevent sticking (I still used my whisk). NOTE: If simmer is too fast and you feel sticking on the bottom of the pan, reduce heat to medium low..
- When Velveeta is completely melted, reduce heat to low, add a pinch of cayenne or nutmeg and shredded cheese and whisk in until cheese is completely melted. Taste and add salt & pepper as desired (I only add pepper to this, everything else is usually salted enough)..
- Pour finished sauce into the pot with pasta and broccoli. Add drained tuna. Gently fold everything together until incorporated. Pour into prepared casserole and spread out evenly..
- In a small bowl mix together topping ingredients. Sprinkle evenly over casserole. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, or until the top is golden and edges are bubbling..
- When done, remove from oven. Let rest 10 minutes, dish up and enjoy!.
- NOTE: I personally prefer fresh broccoli for this recipe. It is quicker than waiting for frozen to thaw and tastes much better. If you do use frozen, you will have to start thawing at least 30 minutes before starting pasta. You could also thaw on defrost setting in your microwave or in the package in your fridge over night. With all thawing methods, you should still drain off excess moisture..
Popular Food & Recipes Ideas provide some awesome, cool, nice and amazing collection of Easiest Recipe: Yummy Cheesy Tuna Broccoli Casserole
You can share this Easiest Recipe: Yummy Cheesy Tuna Broccoli Casserole collection of Food Sapor to your social media such as Pinterest, facebook, twitter etc. And we have add Popular Food & Recipes Ideas post ; Easiest Recipe: Delicious Beef Broccoli and Quick and Easy Way to Cook Perfect Easy chicken veggie stir fry maybe you like them.
Browse Easiest Recipe: Yummy Cheesy Tuna Broccoli Casserole similar Food Sapor in Broccoli Recipe archive. Easiest Recipe: Yummy Cheesy Tuna Broccoli Casserole.
DISCLAIMER: All images found here are believed to be in the "public domain". We do not intend to infringe any legitimate intellectual right, artistic rights, or copyright. All of the images displayed are of unknown origin. If you are the rightful owner of any of the images posted here, and you do not want it to be displayed or if you require a suitable credit, then please contact us and we will immediately do whatever is needed either for the image to be removed or provide credit where it is due. All the content of this site is free of charge and therefore we do not gain any financial benefit from the display or downloads of any images.
Meet the Author
Gillion is a multi-concept WordPress theme that lets you create blog, magazine, news, review websites. With clean and functional design and lots of useful features theme will deliver amazing user experience to your clients and readers.Learn more