Simple Guide to Cook Perfect Doria (Rice Gratin) with Curry Pilaf and White Sauce
Doria (Rice Gratin) with Curry Pilaf and White Sauce. The savory sauce was originally Bechamel sauce (white sauce), but these days there are many sauce variations and this is where you can be creative. Doria is a Japanese western-style rice casserole dish with a creamy white sauce. It was a rice casserole with seafood (shrimp), covered with bechamel sauce and cheese, then baked in the oven.
Curry doria (カレードリア) consists of a thick curry sauce over a steaming bed of rice. To make it even better It was introduced to Japan by a Swiss chef as a seafood rice casserole with a white sauce, but has since then been transformed in many different. We are making Seafood Doria, in which a creamy white sauce with seafood and mushrooms is poured over rice and baked. You can have Doria (Rice Gratin) with Curry Pilaf and White Sauce using 16 simple ingredients and 11 easy steps. Learn how to cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Doria (Rice Gratin) with Curry Pilaf and White Sauce
- It’s of Ingredients for the white sauce:.
- Prepare 300 ml of ☆ Milk.
- You need 25 grams of ☆ Butter.
- Prepare 25 grams of ☆ Plain flour.
- It’s 1 of ☆ Salt and pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ☆ Consommé powder or Chinese chicken stock powder.
- It’s 1 of ☆ Bay leaf, if you have.
- Prepare of Toppings:.
- You need 1/2 of of regular sized one Tomato.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of or more ☆ Canned tomato instead of fresh tomato is OK.
- It’s 1/3 of Broccoli.
- You need 1 of Easy melting cheese.
- It’s 1 tbsp of or more ★ Panko.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of or less ★ Curry powder.
- It’s of –.
- Prepare 1 of Curry pilaf recipe.
The doria uses lots of cheese so we recommend lightly seasoning the sauce and the rice. If the pizza cheese is too heavy for you, you can also use grated Parmesan cheese. Doria is a rice gratin but the way it is made is a bit different to the usual Western-style rice gratin. Instead of mixing the ingredients with the sauce and broiling to form a golden crust on top, béchamel sauce is poured on the rice, then broiled to brown the top.
Doria (Rice Gratin) with Curry Pilaf and White Sauce instructions
- Prepare for 2 servings of curry pilaff. Slice the tomato into 1 cm thickness. Cut the broccoli into bite sizes and cook until al dente..
- Mix the ★ panko and curry powder. Use curry powder without extra seasonings. The curry powder with extra seasonings burns quickly..
- Melt butter over low heat. Add plain flour and stir well to remove lumps. At first you might think it's too thick, but it will get runny by stirring with a whisk while cooking..
- After the roux is smooth, add milk little by little and stir constantly. At first it hardens as you add milk, but it will soften gradually. Ensure that there are no lumps and add the rest of the milk..
- Add a bay leaf if you have for flavouring. Stir constantly until comes to a boil and thickens. Adjust the taste with the ☆ seasonings and the white sauce is done..
- If you don't use the sauce straight away, cover tightly with cling film directly on top of the mixture to prevent a film from forming..
- Preheat the oven to 445-480°F/230-250°C..
- Put the curry pilaf in an oven-proof dish and pour over the white sauce to cover. Put the tomato, broccoli and easy melting cheese. Sprinkle the ★ panko on top..
- Put the dish on the top shelf of the oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and browned..
- It's very nice to eat while piping hot. Just don't burn yourself..
- You can use a toaster oven, but by baking it in the oven, the tomatoes will turn out juicier from the slow baking time. In this photo I used cherry tomatoes..
Although Doria started out as a rice gratin, these days, the name is used to refer to almost any dish that has a layer of rice, a layer of sauce, and a layer of cheese. The rice layer can be plain, pilaf, or fried rice. The sauce can be anything from stew, to meat sauce, to curry. RECIPE: I leave the kinds and weights for the ingredients to your creative The Japanese make their doria with chicken usually, but you may of course replace it any white Cover the rice with as much as bechamel sauce as you wish. Add a generous layer of cheese of your.
Popular Food & Recipes Ideas provide some awesome, cool, nice and amazing collection of Simple Guide to Cook Perfect Doria (Rice Gratin) with Curry Pilaf and White Sauce
You can share this Simple Guide to Cook Perfect Doria (Rice Gratin) with Curry Pilaf and White Sauce collection of Food Sapor to your social media such as Pinterest, facebook, twitter etc. And we have add Popular Food & Recipes Ideas post ; Easy Recipe: Yummy Crock pot chicken broccoli pasta and Easiest Recipe: Appetizing Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe maybe you like them.
Browse Simple Guide to Cook Perfect Doria (Rice Gratin) with Curry Pilaf and White Sauce similar Food Sapor in Broccoli Recipe archive. Simple Guide to Cook Perfect Doria (Rice Gratin) with Curry Pilaf and White Sauce.
DISCLAIMER: All images found here are believed to be in the "public domain". We do not intend to infringe any legitimate intellectual right, artistic rights, or copyright. All of the images displayed are of unknown origin. If you are the rightful owner of any of the images posted here, and you do not want it to be displayed or if you require a suitable credit, then please contact us and we will immediately do whatever is needed either for the image to be removed or provide credit where it is due. All the content of this site is free of charge and therefore we do not gain any financial benefit from the display or downloads of any images.