Vickys Gumbo, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Gumbo, GF DF EF SF NF using 18 simple ingredients and 6 easy steps. This is guide how cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Vickys Gumbo, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 3 tbsp of bacon grease.
- It’s 3 tbsp of gluten-free / plain flour.
- It’s 250 g of green bell pepper, diced.
- It’s 300 g of celery, diced.
- Prepare 150 g of broccoli stalks.
- You need 150 g of onions, chopped.
- You need 400 ml of hot chicken stock.
- You need 1 handful of chopped kale.
- You need 400 g of canned chopped tomatoes.
- You need 4 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce, see my GF recipe on my profile.
- Prepare 2 of pre-cooked chicken breasts, diced.
- You need 225 g of gluten-free pork kielbasa sausage, sliced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of low-sodium salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of thyme.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper or to taste.
- It’s 225 g of fresh prawns / shrimp, shelled & deveined.
Vickys Gumbo, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Cook the bacon grease and flour together in a large pan over a medium heat until the roux mixture has turned a golden brown colour.
- Add the chopped vegetables and cook down until the roux has turned a deep brown, around 3 more minutes.
- Stir in the stock, chopped tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, kielbasa, chicken and seasonings.
- Cook at a simmer for 15 minutes then add the prawns and cook a further 10 minutes until they're pink and done.
- Serve over white rice.
- In the USA they use Filé powder to thicken their gumbo. We don't get that in Britain but you can use 1 tbsp cornflour / cornstarch mixed with a few tbsps cold water if you want to instead. Just stir it in while the pan is simmering and it'll thicken the gumbo.
Popular Food & Recipes Ideas provide some awesome, cool, nice and amazing collection of Recipe: Tasty Vickys Gumbo, GF DF EF SF NF
You can share this Recipe: Tasty Vickys Gumbo, GF DF EF SF NF collection of Food Sapor to your social media such as Pinterest, facebook, twitter etc. And we have add Popular Food & Recipes Ideas post ; Simple Guide to Prepare Delicious Steamed carrots broccoli over baked chicken in mushroom sauce and Simple Guide to Cook Yummy Cheesy Potato Broccoli maybe you like them.
Browse Recipe: Tasty Vickys Gumbo, GF DF EF SF NF similar Food Sapor in Broccoli Recipe archive. Recipe: Tasty Vickys Gumbo, GF DF EF SF NF.
DISCLAIMER: All images found here are believed to be in the "public domain". We do not intend to infringe any legitimate intellectual right, artistic rights, or copyright. All of the images displayed are of unknown origin. If you are the rightful owner of any of the images posted here, and you do not want it to be displayed or if you require a suitable credit, then please contact us and we will immediately do whatever is needed either for the image to be removed or provide credit where it is due. All the content of this site is free of charge and therefore we do not gain any financial benefit from the display or downloads of any images.