Simple Guide to Prepare Perfect Hot rice soup (Chao)
Hot rice soup (Chao). "Chao Ga" or rice porridge (or Congee) with chicken meat is a common street food in Vietnam and you will surprise that it really tastes quite well even in the hot tropical temperature like in the Vietnamese deep south province like Soc Trang. The rice gets soft and it's very comforting when sick. You can use just long grain white rice if you do not have glutinous rice.
Chao – Rice Soup Rice soup is a popular dish familiar with each Vietnamese person. Seasoned with modest amounts of garlic, ginger and fish sauce, this rice soup is built from simple, clean yet wholly satisfying flavors. When it is hot, add shrimp and chicken mixture. This Yummy Hot rice soup (Chao) using 9 simple ingredients and 5 simple steps. Here is how you cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Hot rice soup (Chao)
- Prepare 3 piece of vegetarian bouillon cubes.
- Prepare 1 cup of White uncooked rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced of each vegetables: carrot, celery, potato, broccoli, oyster mushrooms. (any vegetables will do).
- Prepare 1 cup of each of diced tofu, konyaku, vegetarian fish.
- Prepare 1 packages of dry bean curd – broken into smaller pieces.
- You need 1 piece of ginger – chopped finely (ginger piece the size of your thumb).
- Prepare 1 bunch of cilantro.
- Prepare 1 packages of Frozen chay quay or Chinese bread sticks.
- Prepare 1 each of lime – wedges.
For the rice-by not cooking the rice before frying it and adding to the soup, it browns too quickly, and ends up tasting almost. This is the part that's entirely customisable. I've just used choy sum and fish, both of which are low effort to prep plus Cooking rice directly in soup has never worked for me. So I undercooked it separately, put a portion of the rice in another pot, added the hot broth and let it.
Hot rice soup (Chao) step by step
- Fill large pot 2/3 full of water, add rice and vegetable bouillon, put on stove on high heat..
- Dice hardy vegetables first, such as carrots, potato, celery, etc. And add to boiling pot as you finished each one. Good way to clean out your fridge. All vegetables are optional, whatever you have in the fridge. Use small chopper machine to finely chop ginger fast..
- Add tofu, dry bean curd, vegetarian fish, konyaku (zero calories).
- Fill bowl with water and use strainer to remove suds in boiling pot, and clean the strainer from water in bowl, but keep the good soup in the pot. When bowl is full of suds, dump suds out in sink and get new water to continue removing suds as needed. The pot should still be boiling, about 30 to 40 min during the time you take to dice everything up, then turn off stove and it's ready to serve steaming hot..
- Serve soup topped with ground pepper, chopped cilantro leaves, squeeze of lime, toast chinese breadstick in the oven and cut into bite size pieces. (optional chopped peanut and bean sprouts.) I finely cut the cilantro stems and throw them in the pot. No need to waste them..
The traditional hot and sour soup recipe call for Chinese dry shiitake mushroom. Soak the mushrooms in water until it is fully hydrated and become very soft and easy to cut. The time required varies from an hour to two or three hours, as it depends on the thickness of the mushrooms. There are no reviews for Hello Chao – Rice Soup, Vietnam yet. Be the first to write a review!
Popular Food & Recipes Ideas provide some awesome, cool, nice and amazing collection of Simple Guide to Prepare Perfect Hot rice soup (Chao)
You can share this Simple Guide to Prepare Perfect Hot rice soup (Chao) collection of Food Sapor to your social media such as Pinterest, facebook, twitter etc. And we have add Popular Food & Recipes Ideas post ; Quick and Easy Recipe: Delicious Wok-fried prawns with broccoli and bok choy and Quick and Easy Recipe: Perfect Chicken Stir Fry maybe you like them.
Browse Simple Guide to Prepare Perfect Hot rice soup (Chao) similar Food Sapor in Broccoli Recipe archive. Simple Guide to Prepare Perfect Hot rice soup (Chao).
DISCLAIMER: All images found here are believed to be in the "public domain". We do not intend to infringe any legitimate intellectual right, artistic rights, or copyright. All of the images displayed are of unknown origin. If you are the rightful owner of any of the images posted here, and you do not want it to be displayed or if you require a suitable credit, then please contact us and we will immediately do whatever is needed either for the image to be removed or provide credit where it is due. All the content of this site is free of charge and therefore we do not gain any financial benefit from the display or downloads of any images.
Meet the Author
Gillion is a multi-concept WordPress theme that lets you create blog, magazine, news, review websites. With clean and functional design and lots of useful features theme will deliver amazing user experience to your clients and readers.Learn more