Chicken Pot Pie.
This Tasty Chicken Pot Pie using 16 simple ingredients and 7 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Chicken Pot Pie
- You need 1 of pie crust (store bought or homemade).
- It’s 4 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/2 of small onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream (whole milk or half and half work also).
- You need 1/2 tsp. of each dried thyme, salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of each pepper, poultry seasoning.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of freshly chopped parsley.
- It’s 2 cups of cooked, shredded chicken.
- It’s 1 cup of peeled and diced carrots.
- You need 1 cup of peas (we use small broccoli florets instead).
- You need 1 of small potato, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of shredded cheese of choice (optional).
- It’s 1 of large egg, beaten.
Chicken Pot Pie step by step
- Start by cooking your veggies… the carrots, peas (or broccoli in our case) and potatoes. We just combine everything in a large pot of water and boil until everything is just tender, about 4-6 minutes. Then set them aside..
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium heat. Once melted, add the onion and cook until translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook a minute or so more, until fragrant..
- Increase the heat to med-high and sprinkle the flour over the onion. Stir to incorporate and cook while stirring for a minute or two. Then, whisking continually, slowly add in the chicken broth and the cream. Stir in all the seasoning and whatever else you'd like and let it come to a low boil..
- Once it reaches a boil, reduce the heat down to med-low and allow to simmer until it has thickened, about 7-10 minutes. Taste to make sure it doesn't need any additional seasoning, then remove it from the heat. Stir in the cheese (if using) until it's melted and incorporated in. Then stir in the chicken and veggies..
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lay the first pie dough disc into the bottom of a 9" pie dish. Pour the filling over the top. Lay the second dough disc over the top and trim any overhanging dough from around the edges. Use a fork or your fingers to crimp the edges and seal it..
- Use a small, sharp knife to cut a few slits across the top, so the steam can vent. Use a pastry brush to brush the beaten egg all over the top crust. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. Use a pie shield if you'd like to prevent the edges of the crust from browning too much too quickly. I put it on before putting the pie in the oven and take it off with about 10 or so minutes left of bake time..
- Allow it to cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Refrigerate any leftovers..
Popular Food & Recipes Ideas provide some awesome, cool, nice and amazing collection of Easiest Recipe: Appetizing Chicken Pot Pie
You can share this Easiest Recipe: Appetizing Chicken Pot Pie collection of Food Sapor to your social media such as Pinterest, facebook, twitter etc. And we have add Popular Food & Recipes Ideas post ; Easy Guide to Make Yummy Spicy Spaghetti / Sambal Spaghetti and Easiest Recipe: Perfect Chicken & Shrimp LoMein maybe you like them.
Browse Easiest Recipe: Appetizing Chicken Pot Pie similar Food Sapor in Broccoli Recipe archive. Easiest Recipe: Appetizing Chicken Pot Pie.
DISCLAIMER: All images found here are believed to be in the "public domain". We do not intend to infringe any legitimate intellectual right, artistic rights, or copyright. All of the images displayed are of unknown origin. If you are the rightful owner of any of the images posted here, and you do not want it to be displayed or if you require a suitable credit, then please contact us and we will immediately do whatever is needed either for the image to be removed or provide credit where it is due. All the content of this site is free of charge and therefore we do not gain any financial benefit from the display or downloads of any images.