Easy Recipe: Perfect Vickys Chicken Fricassee, GF DF EF SF NF
Vickys Chicken Fricassee, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Chicken Fricassee, GF DF EF SF NF using 29 easy ingredients and 19 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Vickys Chicken Fricassee, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s of Base Recipe.
- It’s 1 1/2 kg of whole chicken.
- It’s 1 of carrot, sliced.
- It’s 1 of leek, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of onion, sliced.
- You need 1 of celery stalk, chopped.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, peeled.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1/2 of lemon.
- You need 4 of peppercorns.
- You need 1 handful of fresh parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 50 grams of butter/olive spread.
- It’s 3 tbsp of gluten-free / plain flour.
- Prepare of Fricassee with Mushrooms.
- Prepare 225 grams of button mushrooms, halved.
- You need 225 grams of shallots, peeled & halved.
- You need 25 grams of sunflower spread / butter.
- You need 100 ml of dry white wine.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of soured cream – I use coconut cream with a squeeze of lemon.
- Prepare 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
- It’s of Fricassee with Asparagus.
- It’s 1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed to 4 inch pieces.
- You need 100 grams of peas.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of coconut cream / double cream.
- You need 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
- It’s of Kid-Friendly Version.
- It’s 350 grams of pre-cooked mixed veg eg.carrot, sweetcorn, peas, broccoli, onion mix.
- It’s 4 tbsp of coconut cream.
Vickys Chicken Fricassee, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Bring a large pan of water to boil.
- Add the carrot, leek, onion, celery and garlic.
- Add the chicken with the lemon, parsley, peppercorns, bay leaf and salt making sure the water is enough to cover the chicken.
- Cover the pan and simmer for 45 minutes then take off the heat and remove the chicken.
- What remains in the pan is the reduced stock. You need to strain it to remove the bay, lemon etc.
- Remove the bones and discard. Dice the chicken into bitesize pieces.
- To make the base sauce, melt the butter in a pan and add the flour. Cook for a minute.
- Take off the heat and stir in 600mls of the strained stock.
- Bring to the boil stirring all the while, then let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Now to add your finishing variation:.
- To make the mushroom fricassee, melt the butter in a pan and fry off the shallots until golden.
- Add the wine, bring to boil then reduce by half.
- Stir the mushrooms, shallots & wine and soured cream into the base recipe sauce.
- Add in the chicken and heat through. Season to taste.
- To make the asparagus fricassee, simmer the trimmed asparagus and peas in lightly salted water for around 5 minutes.
- Drain them then add to the base sauce with the chicken.
- Heat through, stir in the cream and season to taste.
- For the kid-friendly version (no salt, plenty of sweet veg) stir the cream into the base sauce, add the chicken and cooked vegetables and heat through.
- CHEATS VERSION: Use pre-cooked, chopped chicken. Cook some chopped vegetables of choice in 600mls chicken stock. Strain the vegetables and set aside. Add the stock to the butter/flour (roux) mixture with 4 tbsp cream, then add back in the chicken and vegetables. An even bigger cheat is to just use a can or two of cream of chicken or mushroom soup, in place of the stock/cream mixture. I've never seen a dairy-free one yet though but I do have both of those recipes posted, free-from of course…..
Popular Food & Recipes Ideas provide some awesome, cool, nice and amazing collection of Easy Recipe: Perfect Vickys Chicken Fricassee, GF DF EF SF NF
You can share this Easy Recipe: Perfect Vickys Chicken Fricassee, GF DF EF SF NF collection of Food Sapor to your social media such as Pinterest, facebook, twitter etc. And we have add Popular Food & Recipes Ideas post ; How to Cook Tasty Brad's sweet and spicy hoisin chicken stir fry and Recipe: Perfect Broccoli hearts maybe you like them.
Browse Easy Recipe: Perfect Vickys Chicken Fricassee, GF DF EF SF NF similar Food Sapor in Broccoli Recipe archive. Easy Recipe: Perfect Vickys Chicken Fricassee, GF DF EF SF NF.
DISCLAIMER: All images found here are believed to be in the "public domain". We do not intend to infringe any legitimate intellectual right, artistic rights, or copyright. All of the images displayed are of unknown origin. If you are the rightful owner of any of the images posted here, and you do not want it to be displayed or if you require a suitable credit, then please contact us and we will immediately do whatever is needed either for the image to be removed or provide credit where it is due. All the content of this site is free of charge and therefore we do not gain any financial benefit from the display or downloads of any images.
Meet the Author
Gillion is a multi-concept WordPress theme that lets you create blog, magazine, news, review websites. With clean and functional design and lots of useful features theme will deliver amazing user experience to your clients and readers.Learn more