Easy Recipe: Delicious Broccoli blue cheese soup
Broccoli blue cheese soup. A smooth vegetable soup with blue cheese that's great for a comforting meal. A broccoli and stilton soup recipe triple-tested by the BBC Good Food team. Also reserve a small handful of crumbled cheese.
This Soup recipe is so easy to make and extra special because this is my Mom's recipe and I love this. In a Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium-low heat. I have been making broccoli cheese soup for years but this version is MUCH easier!! This Perfect Broccoli blue cheese soup using 14 simple ingredients and 10 simple steps. Here is how you cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Broccoli blue cheese soup
- Prepare of Ingredients.
- You need 2 of cube (or tsp) chicken stock.
- It’s 1/2 pinch of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 pinch of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1 pinch of cajun seasoning or cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of wheat flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of corn flour.
- You need 60 grams of blue cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 of carrot or parsnip.
- It’s 30 grams of butter.
- You need 150 ml of heavy cream.
- You need 4 cup of hot water.
- You need 1 head of Broccoli (or 2).
- It’s 1/2 cup of dried potato flakes.
The most popular new book about soup and only soup comes from British restaurateur John Vincent and food writer Jane Vincent. Leon Happy Soups brings the recipes from the beloved London produce palace straight to your own kitchen. Remember: A boring bowl is not a happy bowl. The creator of this creamy soup—Sunset reader Amy Bentley, of Scottsdale, Arizona—suggests using an American blue cheese; we especially like it with Point Reyes Original Blue.
Broccoli blue cheese soup step by step
- Wash and Cut the broccoli head and carrot or parsnip finely.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan and add the carrot finely chopped until butter begins to Brown.
- Add finely chopped broccoli head and 2 cups water. I like to cut the outer 'skin' off the stalk and add the soft part off the stalk finely chopped also, but leave it out if you want. Feed the scraps to your rabbit if you have one..
- Add a generous amount of pepper and the chicken stock. add the wheat flour.
- Bring to boil for 10 minutes and use a potato masher to mush things up a bit. This step determines the texture of your soup so leave it boiling longer for a thicker smooth soup our shorter for a crunchy thinner soup..
- Add the rest of water and corn flour, add spices and reduce heat..
- Once it's on a gentle simmer to avoid splitting, add cream and blue cheese..
- Add remaining seasoning and potato flakes. Taste the soup to see if anything is missing for your preferences..
- This should easily feed 2 hungry people. Double the recipe for left-overs to freeze or have up to 2 days later (the taste will get stronger)..
- Hopefully your wonderful wife is just pulling the flatbread out of the oven about now (mine sure was). Serve and enjoy.
Light and creamy broccoli soup with Danish blue cheese. The blue cheese can be substituted for other cheeses such as blue Stilton or Gorgonzola. This is soup perfectly pungent and an easy way to get your green on. Remove the saucepan from the heat and crumble in the blue cheese. Whizz with a hand blender or transfer into a food processor and blitz until smooth.
Popular Food & Recipes Ideas provide some awesome, cool, nice and amazing collection of Easy Recipe: Delicious Broccoli blue cheese soup
You can share this Easy Recipe: Delicious Broccoli blue cheese soup collection of Food Sapor to your social media such as Pinterest, facebook, twitter etc. And we have add Popular Food & Recipes Ideas post ; Easiest Recipe: Yummy Stir fried Mixed Veggies-Diet Recipe and Easiest Recipe: Tasty Cheesy Potato Ham & Broccoli Soup maybe you like them.
Browse Easy Recipe: Delicious Broccoli blue cheese soup similar Food Sapor in Broccoli Recipe archive. Easy Recipe: Delicious Broccoli blue cheese soup.
DISCLAIMER: All images found here are believed to be in the "public domain". We do not intend to infringe any legitimate intellectual right, artistic rights, or copyright. All of the images displayed are of unknown origin. If you are the rightful owner of any of the images posted here, and you do not want it to be displayed or if you require a suitable credit, then please contact us and we will immediately do whatever is needed either for the image to be removed or provide credit where it is due. All the content of this site is free of charge and therefore we do not gain any financial benefit from the display or downloads of any images.